Wednesday, March 13, 2013

So close to the end I can smell freedom.. almost

Well, my final prospectus is submitted and signed for, which means, now I have to pull all of this incoherent mess of a project I've done and make it look professional and organized. Not too bad right? I have a little bit of video editing, and a little bit of editing to do for the public relations plan and then BAM! Done! I can't believe it! I will most definitely spend spring break doing this so I can sit back and relax and focus on my other classes for awhile. Because we all know, spring break in college is rarely a break but a time to get a lot of homework done, or at least that's the plan. 

All that's due on the syllabus is the written capstone and the capstone presentation. THAT IS SCARY! Considering that it's only March 13th!

Here's a little personal information on how capstone has taken over my personal life...

To be honest I have felt very overwhelmed lately, working my internship, working my serving job, and running a business on the side, while doing capstone AND other classes, is a bit much. It's all about time management and I am away from my house from about 9-5 every day and then have to do homework and other things when I get home. I am also trying to get in shape so I've been at the gym every day as well as eating healthier. College is all about multitasking and I really just need to remember to take it one step at a time. My room, car, and well everything is so disorganized, which is not like me, but school has taken over a lot. I have been criticized for not taking on extra curricular activities on campus, yet I am very busy as it is. I think that as long as you are managing your time well and learning multitasking skills, that is what should matter. I essentially work 3 jobs to help support myself while going through school and I think I have made the best of what I have. WORD OF ADVICE: If you can live at home and have the advantage of financial support from your parents, do it! 4 more years of living at home will take a lot of stress out, its not the end of the world to still live with your parents in college, if you're being productive.

One thing to remember is that you are not the only one who has it tough, college is tough, it's supposed to be to prepare you for the real world, but if you stick it out, work hard, and take it one day at a time, then you will be prepared for the real world and for your future career. 4 years is a very short time compared to the rest of your life. Breath, take it one day at a time, and don't forget to take a few days off to de-stress! College is very rewarding if you don't completely stress yourself out.

Now just to take my own advice.

Until next time,
LB

No comments:

Post a Comment