Friday, April 5, 2013

Oh the end is near, I can smell it...and see it on my calendar!

Well, it's all coming to an end, and I couldn't be more happy with my project and results! I did my mock presentation, with no preparation (yeah, I'm still working on procrastinating), and ROCKED IT, or at least that's what I think, and I had a few fellow classmates back it up! WOO HOO! Anyways, that mock presentation taught me something. I LEARNED SOMETHING! I know what you're thinking, "you're in college, I would hope so," well I did, but more than books can teach you.

During my presentation it dawned on me. I REALLY like doing this. Not only do I enjoy doing my project, but I like getting up and speaking in front of an audience. If you would have asked me back as a freshman, my answer would have been different, I would have been shaking, sweating, and stuttering during that presentation, but I've learned the secret to public speaking. CONFIDENCE. This project is mine, from the bottom up. I have created it, it's my "baby" per say, I know everything about it, in and out. I couldn't wait to tell everyone what I have been doing and working so hard on!

Now it's all fine tuning and making sure there are NO flaws. My actual capstone presentation is in three weeks. April 23rd. I used to fear this date, now I am just ready to let everyone else know about my project.

Good luck to all my fellow capstone peers!!

Until next time...
LB


No comments:

Post a Comment